Amazon

Monday 19 January 2015

Skinny Teatox: Week 1 Review

Hello Beauties,

This post is going to be a little less about skin care and a lot more about all over health and well being. After the holidays we tend to fall into a pitfall of lessened self esteem, lethargy, over sleeping and over eating because we have over indulged so much over the holidays! I am no exception to this what-so-ever! I have been struggling to get back into a routine, even though I wouldn't consider what I was doing before even close to a routine, either way it has not been easy! I've been looking at getting the Skinny Teatox for a while now, for several reason not only to shed a few pounds that have been built up because of toxin and water retention, but to kick start a healthier way of life!

WARNING: If you are a woman (or man) on the go all the time, I would take caution in trying this product as you will need to be in very close proximaty to a bathroom once the nighttime tea takes into effect! That being said, its really not that bad.

So I started this teatox journey mid last week, Tuesday I believe, and I can say I'm quite impressed with the immediate jolt of energy you get with a mid-day crash! I started my Tuesday with the daytime tea, this is usually when I have three or so black teas to wake myself up but during the last week my black tea consumption decreased! The daytime tea is a stimulant to increase energy production in the cells and metabolism function which in turn gives you a wide awake without a jittery cafeine induced effect. The flavour is very light, which I like, its fruity and easy to finish a whole cup in no time. The energy I got from this tea was enough to last me the whole day, even through the preverbial 2pm "wall". It was so easy to wake up and get my day started with this tea, and I'm one of those girls who really take extra long to wake up the sense, drag my feet to the kitchen and get ready for my day. This was a big win in my books for this tea!

The nighttime tea was much better than I thought, I was expecting a taste more on the very herby side, but it was quite light in flavour. I had read and watched reviews on this tea, and the pamphlet that came with it said to be aware that the nighttime tea's laxative effect will more than likely take 3-10 hours to work, however it was after 12 hours for me. No big deal as when it did happen it wasn't as scary as you would think, given the word describing it is "laxative". Make sure you drink lots of water during this teatox, it will help everything go , well.... smoothly! ;)

The pamphlet and website of this product also highly recommends that anyone participating in a teatox to eat a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables and healthy carbs and proteins. This is of course vital for any type of weightloss but also for a better lifestyle. I found that once I had the daytime tea it was almost the same effect as if I went to the gym, it felt like I was already doing my body some good so I of course didn't want to reverse that and eat junk food, so I opted for healthier options, yogurt with flax seed, fruits and vegetables, healthy proteins. I even recreated my favorite lunch sandwich from the cafe down the hall from my work; rye bread will a little cheese, light mayo, deli meat and a handful and a half of spring mix greens! Absolutely amazing. If anything this teatox will have definitely reset my "habit" clock of going across the street or to the cafe for lunch, in turn saving me calories and money! Win-win!

And since this is a skin care blog, I should add in a little tidbit about skin care! The more fruits and vegetables and water you consume, the better you skin will be receptive to the products you apply to it. Vitamins and minerals in healthy foods are not only essential for the body's well being, but for all the cells, including your skin, hair and nails!

I did purchase the 14 day teatox, however I have had to split it up into two weeks because on my fifth day, I was supposed to have a nighttime tea, and instead I didn't because my boyfriend and I both had a touch of food poisoning from some smoked salmon.. so needless to say I did not need any help getting that out of my system that night! So today I write my review of my first week on the 14 day teatox and tomorrow I will be starting again on my second week.

I would highly recommend this product for anyone looking to kickstart their lifestyle change, and help change some unhealthy habits! I want to point out that I have not weighed myself yet for any concrete results as I'm not finished the teatox, and I can be quite forgetful in that aspect of things, but I do find I'm quite happy with overall effects and my energy levels and need for fruits and vegetables instead of chocolates and fudge! ;)

Thanks for reading, please comment below if you have any questions about this and if you have any topics you want me to right about!

Have a wonderful day!

Presley Charlotte :)

Skinny Teatox Daytime Tea, so tasty! 


No comments:

Post a Comment