Amazon

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Presley Charlotte: A Little Bit About Me

      My name is Presley Charlotte, I live in a very small town in Atlantic Canada. I've always had a passion for makeup and beauty, but never thought I would make a career out of it. I went to university for two years taking Economics, Anthropology, Spanish, Biochemistry, Psychology, just about everything the school offered. I had an idea of earning a International Relations degree and someday working for the government, until I started taking these course and was terribly bored of all (but Spanish and Psychology) of them.

       At the same time I was working as a cosmetician for those two years and one more after taking a year off university. I really loved the beauty industry, my specialty was skin care and makeup. I did makeup for many customers if they had a special occasion to attend, and I would do makeup for prom and the grad fashion show the high school holds every year. When it comes to skin care,  I would perform small skin analysis with a magnifying camera to determine whether the client had overly dry skin, broken capillaries(redness, or signs or rosacea). Once the skin type and concerns were determined, I would help the customer in finding the perfect day or night cream or cleansing regimen to not worsen any conditions they may have. 
      Because I loved this job so much I wanted to go further with it and decided to enroll in an aesthetics program at a private school in a city near my home. I really love it! As I'm taking this course, and even when I was working as a cosmetician, many people ask me what they should do about their skin and nails and even makeup, so I decided to create this blog. I enjoy answering questions about the skin, but tend to go into details too much so it may seem that I ramble, but I really love even talking about this stuff so you can guarantee I'll be thorough!

If you have any questions or suggestions about my next blog post leave a comment below!:)



A photo of me and my (small) family, my boyfriend Steve and our dog Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment